Part Time Caregiver All Shifts - Mon County
|Title:||Part Time Caregiver All Shifts - Mon County|
DescriptionReliable Healthcare Solutions is looking for Compassionate Caregivers for our homes!
Location: Mon County
Shift: Weekday and/or Weekend
The Personal Care Assistant is a paraprofessional, a non-licensed caregiver working under the direction of a R.N., on the private duty team. Working under the supervision of the care coordinator, the Personal Care Assistant performs various personal care and support services as necessary to meet the client's needs. The PCA is responsible for observing clients, reporting and recording these observations and documenting the services provided. The PCA will be assigned to clients in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of services.
Responsibilities of the PCA include, but are not limited to:
- Providing personal care which includes:
- Back rubs
- Oral Hygine
- Changing bed linen
- Dressing and undressing clients
- Toileting activities
- Skin care
- Keeping the client's living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
- Assisting in feeding the client, if necessary.
- Taking and recording temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the personal care assistant).
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the service delivery plan.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as ordered (within the training limitations of the personal care assistant).
- Assisting the client in the self-administration of medication.
- Doing the client's laundry as appropriate.
- Meeting the safety needs of clients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, restraints, etc).
- Reporting the client's condition and significant changes to the assigned care coordinator or supervisor.
- Adhering to documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- At least 18 years of age
- Has the ability to read, follow written instructions, and document services provided.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and impaired
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order. OR must maintain a safe and efficient method of transportation aimed at arriving to work as scheduled.
The PCA will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the State's Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the Personal Care Assistant will not administer medications, take physicians orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a nurse, specifically sterile techniques. The PCA provides non-skilled, non-medical functions only.